Have you ever been watching a zombie movie or TV show and wondered how you would fair if you were stuck in the same situation? I have often, and have recently come to the conclusion that as student affairs professionals we are better off than the average person when it comes to living in a post-apocalyptic world. We’ve got the the resources and the experience, because let’s face it, come April we all feel like zombies (@clconzen).
Do you know more SAPro survival skills? Post them on the comments below! Also, I HIGHLY suggest checking out the Disaster Preparedness Simulation Exercise created by a UF employee in 2009. Read all about the controversy is caused on the SunSentinel.com. In that regard, I would like to say that this was created in jest and is in no way associated with the college at which I work.
Below this infographic I have listed all of the great tweets that contributed to the creation of this post. Thank you to everyone who gave me their ideas! A enlarged version of the converted H1N1 sign is also posted below.
- Friday duty nights are nothing compared to nights of the living dead @Clconzen
- Face it…come April we all feel like zombies @Clconzen
- SA pros negotiate work/life balance while zombies balance work/undeath balance @Clconzen
- SA pros running on all cylinders with almost no sleep is just a normal day at work. @ECrumrine
- We have closets full of snacks and candy for next week’s program & keys to the univ getaway golf @OberBecca
- We’ll just write a developmental theory that will make their brains explode as they connect to emotion. @Kmagura
- Hoarding supplies, leading groups of survivors, first aid kits, availability of sporting equipment and board games. @demonsean
- We certainly WON’T if we do our thing and “meet them where they are” @justcameo
- ZBSD reference from the unofficial Emergency Planning Document, UF Disaster Preparedness Simulation Exercise (Check out page 5 for the “Infected Co-Worker Dispatch Form”)